Minor Injury Unit

If you have an injury that is not serious you can go to a Minor Injury Unit for help, instead of going to an Accident & Emergency department. By doing Accident & Emergency departments can concentrate on those with serious and life-threatening conditions.

You can search for your nearest Minor Injury Unit by clicking here, select hospital from the drop down, enter full post code, town/city and click on search.  On the Search Results page use the ‘Filter by’ option and select Minor Injury Unit.

Below provides information on the type of injuries which can be treated at a Minor Injury Unit:-

  • Broken bones (fractures)
  • Dislocations, sprains and strains
  • Assaults
  • Wounds and minor burns
  • Insect stings
  • Rib injuries (if there is no coughing up blood or chest infection)
  • Insect, animal and human bites
  • Foreign bodies to eyes, ears and nose
  • Head or face injuries (if there is no loss or change in level of consciousness)
  • Non-penetrating eye and ear injuries
  • Minor neck injuries
  • Minor back injuries

Please Note - Not all Minor Injury Units offer all of the above. Please contact your Minor Injury Unit to see if they can deal with your injury/illness before visiting. For example, some may not be able to xray to find out if you have a fracture.